- 200g streaky bacon
- 1 leek, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs fresh thyme leaves, plus extra to serve
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1L chicken stock
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 2/3 cup grated cheddar
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Woolworths cooked BBQ chicken
- 120g pkt baby spinach leaves
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced, to serve
1. Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook, turning, for 3 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Finely chop.
2. Add leek to pan and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until softened. Add thyme, mustard and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add stock and 1/2 cup water and bring to the boil.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes to allow flavours to infuse. Add cream and cheeses, stirring until cheeses melt. Add chicken and spinach and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until chicken is warmed through and spinach is wilted. Divide soup among bowls. Scatter over bacon, onion and extra thyme, then season and serve.
You can read Full Here : https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/recipedetail/10462/creamy-chicken-bacon-soup