- 1 bunch fresh basil, leaves picked
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x 250g pkts red lentil spiral pasta
- 500g frozen broad beans
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1/2 cup chargrilled capsicum, drained
- 100g cherry bocconcini, halved
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- crusty bread, to serve
1. Reserve some small basil leaves and place remainder into a medium bowl. Cover with boiling water for 20 seconds. Drain and refresh in iced water. Drain well and pat dry with paper towel. Place into a blender or food processor. Add oil and blend until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve into a small bowl. Discard pulp.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions or until just tender. Drain and rinse in cold water. Drain well.
3. Blanch beans in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and refresh in cold water. Slip off skins and place beans into a bowl.
4. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add prosciutto and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden and crisp. Cool and break into pieces.
5. Combine pasta, beans, prosciutto, capsicum, bocconcini and half the basil oil in a serving bowl. Toss gently to combine. Scatter over reserved basil, drizzle over vinegar, and serve with remaining basil oil and bread.
tip: blanching the basil before blending it retains its bright-green colour.
You can read Full Here: https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/recipedetail/9909/bean-lentil-pasta-salad