- 1kg whole cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 100g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup skinless hazelnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced, plus extra lemon wedges to serve
- 1/2 bunch continental parsley, leaves picked, finely chopped
1. Place 900g cauliflower in a food processor and process until it resembles rice. Transfer to a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 6 minutes or until cooked through. Stand for 10 minutes to cool. Transfer cauliflower to a clean tea towel. Bring tea towel together and twist top, then squeeze excess liquid from cauliflower. Return to food processor, then add flour and nutmeg. Season well. Process until mixture just comes together and forms a dough.
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface, then knead gently to form a smooth ball. Divide into four even portions. Roll one portion into a 2cm-thick x 30cm-long log. Transfer to tray. Cut log into 2cm pieces. Repeat with remaining dough portions.
3. Place butter, pepper, hazelnuts and remaining cauliflower in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook for 4 minutes or until butter is melted and foaming. Set aside.
4. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil over medium-high heat. Use baking paper to transfer gnocchi to pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until gnocchi float to surface.
5. Using a slotted spoon, transfer gnocchi to butter mixture. Place over high heat and add parmesan and 2/3 cup gnocchi cooking water. Cook, tossing for 2 minutes or until sauce is combined and gnocchi is coated in sauce. Stir through lemon juice.
6. Combine zest and parsley in a bowl. Divide gnocchi among bowls and top with gremolata. Serve with lemon wedges.
You can read Full Here: https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/recipedetail/10458/cacio-e-pepe-cauliflower-gnocchi-with-gremolata