- 2 3/4 cups low-fat milk
- 1 large orange, finely grated rind
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon & extra ground cinnamon, to sprinkle
- 1/2 cup medium grain rice
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 Navel oranges, peeled, pith removed
- 1/2 cup caster sugar, extra
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean, split
1. Preheat oven to 180°c. Lightly grease a 4-cup capacity ovenproof dish. Heat milk, orange rind and cinnamon in a saucepan over a medium heat until bubbles form around the edge. Add rice, reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until just tender. Remove from heat.
2. Beat sugar and egg yolks until thick and pale. Gently stir into rice mixture with a large metal spoon. Spoon into prepared baking dish and sprinkle cinnamon evenly on top. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until just set. Serve warm with spicy orange segments.
3. For spicy orange segments, using a small sharp knife, cut all 4 oranges into segments. Place into a bowl. Put extra sugar, 1/2 cup of water and cinnamon sticks into a saucepan. Scape seeds from vanilla bean and add to mixture with vanilla bean. Stir over medium low heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Add oranges and simmer for 4 minutes. Cool.
You can read Full Here: https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/recipedetail/1825/baked-rice-custard