- 6 thick beef sausages
- 2 tbs Woolworths Select Spanish mellow olive oil for sausages and 1 tablespoon for yellow fried rice
- 2 onions, halved & thinly sliced
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 1 large golden delight potato, peeled and cut into 1.5cm dice
- 1 tbs Woolworths Select Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs Woolworths Select tomato paste
- 1 tbs Homebrand brown sugar
- 2 tbs Woolworths Select Apricot jam
- ½ cup Woolworths thickened cream
- 1 cup Woolworths Select frozen baby peas
- 60g baby spinach, optional to serve
- 450g packet Woolworths Select microwave white long grain rice, for yellow fried rice
- ½ tsp Woolworths Select ground turmeric, for yellow fried rice
1. Place sausages in a large saucepan, cover with 21/2 cups of water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain. Slice on an angle into 2cm-thick slices.
2. Heat oil in a large wide-based casserole pan. Cook onions over medium heat, stirring for 10-12 minutes, or until soft and browned. Add curry powder, cook, stirring for 30 seconds. Add diced potato and toss to coat. Add water, worcestershire, tomato paste and brown sugar. Simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in sausages, jam and cream, cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir through peas and spinach.
3. Meanwhile, for the rice, heat oil in a large frying pan, add rice and turmeric, cook stirring until heated through.
4. Serve curried sausages with yellow fried rice.
tip 1: freeze for up to 2 months, thaw in refrigerator overnight.
tip 2: swap the cream with evaporated milk.
tip 3: swap the spinach with 125g can corn kernels, drained and rinsed.
You can read Full Here: https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/recipedetail/3595/curried-s