- 4 tbs basmati rice (raw)
- 250g chicken thigh fillets, cubed
- 1 tps coconut oil
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp fresh coriander (ground)
- 1 tsp cumin (ground)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (ground)
- 2 cloves
- 1 leaf bay leaves
- 1/2 cup tomato passata or puree
- 150 ml coconut cream
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 cup kale, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tbs fresh coriander, roughly chopped to serve
- 1/2 lemon wedge to serve
1. To cook rice, bring saucepan of water to boil and prepare according to packet instructions.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in fry pan over moderate heat. Add chopped onion, garlic, chilli and ginger. Sitr until starting to soften.
3. Add spices, cloves and bay leaf to the frypan and stir for a minute.
4. Add chicken and stir until starting to brown.
5. Pour in tomato passata, coconut cream and add tomato paste. Stir and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
6. After 10 minutes, remove lid from chicken, add kale, stir and continue to simmer uncovered for a further 15 minutes. Season chicken to taste at this point.
7. Once rice is done, drain and serve alongside the chicken.
8. Top with fresh coriander and drizzle with fresh lemon juice if desired.
You can read Full Here: https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/recipedetail/8702/28-by-sam-wood-butter-chicken