- 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs white sugar
- 1/2 bunch dill
- 2 small fennel bulbs
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 whole barramundi
- 1 lemon, sliced
1. Combine mustard seeds, vinegar, sugar, 4 sprigs dill and 1/2 tsp salt in a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves, then increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Remove from heat.
2. Thinly slice fennel and onion, using a mandoline, if available. Place half into a sterilised jar and pour over vinegar pickling liquid. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
3. Meanwhile, tear 2 large pieces of baking paper and 2 pieces of foil the same size. Lightly oil the foil and top each with a piece of baking paper. Place a fish on each.
4. Fill fish cavities with remaining fennel and onion, and some dill sprigs. Drizzle with oil. Wrap up fish loosely and seal well.
5. Heat a barbecue or chargrill over medium-high heat. Cook fish parcels for 10 minutes on each side and cook lemon slices for 1 minute. Serve fish topped with pickled fennel, lemon slices and remaining dill.
tip: store pickled fennel in the fridge for up to 1 week. To add extra colour to the fish, open parcels, turn out onto grill and cook for 1 minute.
You can read Full Here: https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/recipedetail/8939/barbecued-whole-barramundi-with-fennel-dill-lemon-stuffing