- 2 tbs olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 slices wholemeal or wholegrain bread
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms
- 1 tbs thyme leaves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 x 425g cans Macro no added salt lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 free range egg, whisked
- 120g mixed salad leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 200g Solanato tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 capsicum, deseeded, sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
1. Heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until golden.
2. Meanwhile, process bread in a food processor to coarse crumbs. Transfer to a bowl. Add mushrooms, thyme and garlic to processor and pulse until finely chopped.
3. Increase heat to medium-high. Add mushroom mixture, cumin and coriander to pan with onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Transfer to bowl with breadcrumbs and set aside to cool.
4. Stir lentils and egg into mixture. Shape mixture into 12 even patties.
5. Heat remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties, in batches, for 5 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
6. To make the garden salad, combine salad leaves, cucumber, solanato tomatoes, capsicum and spring onions in a bowl. Serve patties with salad, seasoned with pepper and drizzled with extra oil.
You can read Full Here: https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/recipedetail/8155/caramelised-onion-lentil-patties